Introduction of NCE
On October 14th, 2021, Microsoft moved to the technical preview for New Commerce Experience (NCE) for commercial seat-based offers and since January 10th, 2022, NCE for seat-based offers has become generally available in the CSP partner center. NCE for seat-based offers is the largest update to the CSP program since the launch of CSP in 2015 and will have a significant impact on the way you do business.
During the last two years, Microsoft has been making numerous changes to the partner program and customer agreements. NCE was launched for Azure Plan, Server Subscriptions and Azure Reserved Instances in 2019. In 2022, NCE for seat-based offers has become generally available.
NCE for seat-based offers comes with several changes that impact how you do business with your customers. The most notable changes are:
- + Enforcement of no-cancellation policy: You can no longer cancel or reduce seats during annual, only at renewal of term.
- + New monthly subscription option: Customers who require more flexibility to adjust seats can now choose the new month term at a premium price.
- + Multi-year subscriptions for Dynamics 365 and soon Microsoft 365.
- + New options to manage subscriptions: upgrading and scheduling changes for renewal.
With these changes your customers now have more options to choose from. As a result, your customers will need your expertise to help find the best possible solution.
How CloudBilling will help you manage these changes
- + Keep up with all Microsoft changes, we automatically sync the new NCE price lists from Microsoft and keep them up-to-date.
- + All NCE related usage is automatically retrieved and allocated to the correct invoice.
- + The same powerful pricing options available for NCE.
- + NCE is automatically included in our BI Insights and Customer Portal reporting.
Microsoft aims to standardise their license offerings and enable their partners in their digital transformation capabilities by addressing how customers choose to purchase licenses and by reducing complexity with pricing.
CloudBilling is ready to support your business by ensuring the latest changes by Microsoft have no impact on your processes.
Contact us or visit our website to learn more.